Use these 7 steps to become an International Student at Lithuanian Maritime Academy:
Step 1. Entry Qualification:
- Certificate of full Secondary Education.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the English language (in other case official translations along with verified copies of the original is needed.
- Language requirements: English and/or Russian.
- Language proficiency – the level not lower than B1 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe).
- Application deadline – 15 August 2023. Information for the new Intake will be no earlier than March 2024. Please leave your contacts here
- Beginning of studies for first year students – 2 October 2023 / September 2024.
- Beginning of studies for higher year students – according schedule.
- If you have questions do not hesitate to contact LMA specialists by e-mail email@example.com
Admission fee – 100 EUR (non-refundable).
Application for Autumn 2023/2024 here (closed).
Step 3. Apply for recognition of foreign qualifications at LMA or
- The Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education is responsible for recognition of foreign qualifications giving access to higher education and higher education qualifications for the purposes of further study and/or employment in Lithuania. Applications are submitted online.
- General documentation requirements of Lithuanian Center for Quality Assessment in Higher Education check CQAHE.
* Special procedures for citizens from Ukraine. LMA specialists will provide you detailed information by e-mail.
Step 4. Finish Application
- After receiving confirmation about your secondary education recognition please contact LMA specialists by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and you will received official study offer.
- Please pay fees:
- After payments received LMA specialists will send you study agreement and mediation documents necessary for visa application.
- If visa is refused, 100 percent of the first year study tuition fee will be refunded, except for the bank transfer fee.
Bank detail for payment:
Lietuvos aukštoji jūreivystės mokykla
(Bank accept name in Lithuanian only)
Registration code of Legal Entity: 190968670
Address: I. Kanto str. 7, LT-92123 Klaipeda
Bank: “Swedbank”, AB
Bank address: Konstitucijos pr. 20A, LT-03502, Vilnius, Lithuania
Bank Registration code of Legal Entity: 112029651
Student’s name and surname, tuiton fee and dormitory deposit.
Step 5. Visa:
- Check: Do I need a Visa?
- Follow: Visa for students – https://www.migracija.lt/
- More information on “I Choose Lithuania” website.
Step 6. Register to Studies:
- International students are advised to arrive one week before beginning of studies in order to participate in Introductory Events.
- Before arrival all international students shall inform by e-mail email@example.com the International studies consultant about arrival date, time and place.
- Upon arrival all international students shall present oneself at the Study department; Room No. 207, I.Kanto str. 7, Klaipeda.
- In case of failure to arrive until the above-referred time limit, all the documents issued by the LMA to obtain a permission for temporary residence in the Republic of Lithuania and to get a multiple visa D shall lose their effect.
- Admitted students shall be responsible and take care of all travel documents on their own: passport, insurance and traveling expenses which are excluded from the Tuition Fee.
- Students from countries with visa requirements should be aware of the time required to obtain a visa. Information can be obtained from Lithuanian Consular Offices.
Step 7. Join LMA community!
- Living conditions: LMA dormitory >>>
Address: Karklu str. 2, Klaipeda, Lithuania
- Please visit “I choose Lithuania” or VOCAL (Vocationally Orientated Culture and Language) project website to get better prepared for your studies in Lithuania.