FOR DETAILED INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Phone: +370 687 55787
Sigita Dobrovolskienė, Head of Study Department
A social scholarship can be obtained by students who study both in state-funded spots and those who pay for their studies with their own funds, and who meet at least one of the following criteria at the time of the application for a social scholarship:
– Persons living together or persons living alone who have the right to receive or are receiving social allowance according to the Law on Monetary Social Support for Indigent Residents of the Republic of Lithuania;
– Have a level of working capacity of 45 percent or less or a severe or moderate level of disability determined in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation;
– Are not older than 25 years old and have established guardianship (care) until they come of age according to the procedure established by law or their parents (or the only parent they had) are dead.
A new application must be submitted each semester.
TARGETED INCENTIVE SCHOLARSHIP
Awarded by the Ministry of Economy and Innovation of the Republic of Lithuania
Can be awarded to students studying at state-funded study spots in relation to the following study programmes:
– Maritime technology study programme ‘Maritime navigation’ at least 1 BSB (EUR 49/month);
– Maritime engineering study programme ‘Operation of ships’ energy equipment’ 1 BSI (EUR 49/month);
– ‘Operation of ships’ energy equipment’ EUR 200/month for the entire duration of studies;
– ‘Operation of ships’ electrical equipment’ EUR 200 /month for the entire duration of studies;
– ‘Shipping and Logistics Information Systems’ electrical equipment’ EUR 200 /month for the entire duration of studies.
APPLICATION FOR A STATE FUNDED SPOT
A vacant state-funded study spot can be filled by a best student studying in the same field of study, the same course, and in the same form of studies in a study spot non-funded by state.
COMPENSATION OF THE TUITION FEE
Students who have achieved the best study results and are studying in study spots non-funded by state can receive compensation for the paid tuition fee.
Awarded to the best students from LMA or other funds, taking into account study results or other academic achievements.
SINGLE OR MONTHLY BONUSES
Can be awarded for active participation in the life of LMA.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR THE DISABLED
Students with a determined work capacity level of 45 percent or less who are studying for the first time in a first-cycle (professional bachelor’s or bachelor’s) study programme are eligible for financial support for the disabled.
RETURN OF THE STUDY BASKET
Students who have enrolled in state-funded spots and decide not to begin or who terminate their studies must inform the study specialist administering the studies in writing before the end of the first semester of the first year.
If the student fails to notify the study specialist about this in time, the student must return the state budget funds, or part thereof, intended for the payment of the tuition fees at the state-funded study spots, to the state budget